This week in Drone News: A near miss between a drone and a police helicopter in Tusla, OK. A video submitted by one of our students showing a UFO (Unidentified Flying Object). And a length recap of the AUVSI/FAA Symposium including Remote ID information from the FAA’s Jay Merkel and Administrator Dickson, the newly announced FAA Drone WINGS (or Drone PROPS) program and other things.
Helicopter coming too close : 00:54
Drone-UFO : 02:44
FAA : 3:56
– Get your own Pilot Institute T-shirt or Long Sleeve T: https://amzn.to/30CLtBw
– Part 107 Made Easy: the most comprehensive ground school online. https://bit.ly/2AkRWq0
– Drone Business Made Easy: start your drone business with a solid foundation. https://bit.ly/3dVT55T
– Drone Flying 101: the perfect course for beginners. https://bit.ly/2XUy3Pc
– Drone Maneuvers Mastery: become a better pilot with these 50 maneuvers designed to improve your flying skills. https://bit.ly/3hkWkG3
– Cinematic FPV Drone From Scratch: build your own cinematic machine with this course. https://bit.ly/37oOfeG
Near-miss between drone and police Helicopter
Captured in Tulsa during a procession.
Looks like an inspire 2 heading toward a helicopter and getting prop washed.
Drone or UFO?
Breanna, who is one of our graduates (98% on the exam!!) shared this video she took from her backyard.
Thought it was firework at first.
Then after a while, the lights shut off. She said the lights also turned blue at one point.
Jay Merkle: Final Ruling is pretty much done, going through the review stage before release to the public.
FAA Administrator Dickson: “service providers”
WINGS Program for Drone Pilots
182k remote pilots as of 7/1/20
Shoutout to Kevin Morris, the FAA Drone Guy, and the team of other FAA inspector including John, who I know watches every week!